Thursday 28 October 2010

Suffering from flu at the moment, so bear with me!

Semiotics made a lot of sense last week, especially because we went over it in the seminar as well. I find it difficult to do the denotation side of it though, I always think that everyone sees what I see so there's no need to explain things. Like if we're looking at a architectual model of a building I find it difficult to remember to mention what it's made out of and why I know it's a model. I'm pretty sure that after going over it on this blog it'll all fall into place!

The part about the words was interesting, how the drawing of a cat is far more iconic than the word cat. It's one of those very obvious things we never pay any attention to and just take for granted. Gives us a little insight into the human brain as well and whatb we can do with it, we can recognise a bad sketch of something as being that object/creature and also when we look at the name it means the same thing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment